Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thoughts

I was recently speaking to a neighbor and discussing the joys of living in the space crunch of a townhouse when it came to me that it would be good to write about this along with other little ideas that tend to come to me about living and how to make a space a home.

The hardest part about our current economic situation is that we are now having to change how we live, whether it is about cutting back on spending, having to live in a smaller house or townhouse, changing to an apartment or changing the way we travel. Life brings us obstacles and the trick is figuring out how to surmount them.

My focus has been taking a townhouse, that used to belong to my sister, and making it feel like a home for me and my little girl. The challenges are many. There is little storage, no basement and only one full bath (there is a half bath off the kitchen). While I was taking to my neighbor, I was telling her about the things I had done in my townhouse and she thought these ideas were so interesting that she wanted to adapt them to hers as well... so this is what this blog is about. Ideas that I have and general thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment